Locally owned & operated since 1915!
That's right, Food Depot is locally owned and operated by B. Green & Company out of Baltimore. Family-owned for over 100 years, we know how important the relationship with our customers is – we believe strongly in great service, great products & pricing and giving back to the community. B. Green was founded in 1915 by Benjamin Green, a Lithuanian immigrant and operated primarily as a food wholesaler in the Baltimore area. In 1996, Food Depot at 2401 Belair Road, a new venture in the City of Baltimore was opened. A 2nd store on Frederick Ave. followed in 2008.
Since its inception, Food Depot has prided itself on being a low-price, full-service grocer that gives back to the communities it serves. Food Depot features a full variety of groceries, fresh Meat department with on-site butchers, fresh Seafood department, full-service Deli and Bakery and a very large assortment of fresh Produce.